With widespread flu activity, here is a list of things to do to help prevent yourself and/or your child from getting the flu.
Additional preventive measures:
• Reinforce good hand-washing techniques with children.
• Reinforce cough and sneeze etiquette (cough into your arm, sneeze into a tissue and throw away)
• Keep children home when sick. Children should not return to school until they have been fever free without the use of fever-reducing medicines (such as Tylenol or ibuprofen) for 24 hours.
• Ensure that there are plenty of tissues, soap, paper towels, and hand sanitizer if soap and water aren’t available.
• Ensure that you are cleaning frequently touched surfaces like doorknobs, desks, phones, computers, etc.